If you are from Canada and happens to be using Wind Mobile Galaxy S3 (T999V) your Android 4.4.2 KitKat update has started to rolled out. While Bell, Rogers and Telus Samsung Galaxy S3 (I747M) has received the 4.4.2 KitKat update last week. Samsung has also released the new Android 4.4.2 KitKat build number T999VVLUFNF1 to the Galaxy S3 among the rest of Canadian carriers, including Wind, Mobilicity Eastlink, and Videotron. The 4.4.2 KitKat update has become live on Samsung Kies, and might already began hitting over the air via OTA update.
Though, there are no official reports to what to expect about the update, but it might same features on Bell, Rogers and Telus Galaxy S3 KitKat update.
- Android OS Version upgraded to 4.4.2
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- “Beat Music” Pre-loaded
- Video player closed captioning Settings > My device > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Unified Location Menu: Settings > More > Location Location Settings is same as Location service in JBP. User can set the Locating method and check the recent location requests
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing is added. You can add printing support to your apps or develop print services to support specific types of printers. Apps > Settings > Connections > More networks > Printing
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
- Copy & paste improvements
- Email allows inline editing
- Phone/Dialer user interface enhancements
- Settings changes
- Bluetooth enhancements
- Immersive mode addition
- Keyboard enhancements
- HCE (Host card emulation) Enabled
- UICC (Universal Integrated Circuit Card ) is set as default
To learn more about this update make sure to hit XDA-developers forum.