Previously, the Moto G was already updated to Android 4.4.4 but the Boost Mobile version did not get one and thus, still uses the older Android firmware. But the long wait is over as the Moto G on Sprint’s prepaid arm is finally expecting an OTA update.
The 2013 high end device is set to get an update on 4.4.4 which is released by Google so that it can fix a few bugs about stability and security. Hence you can’t expect it to be a major one due to the nature of the said update. Nevertheless, Motorola has put in several feature improvements to make it more worthwhile to have this update.
The full changelog of the 4.4.4 KitKat by Motorola:
1. Android™ 4.4.4, KitKat® – it is the newest release of the Android platform that enables improvements on a device such as accuracy to the power profile, some fixes on stability, framework as well as security including that of OpenSSL update.
2. Camera – Can now be able to pause video recording through a user-friendly pause/resume button found on the viewfinder.
3. Updated Phone dialer – the update gives a fresh view with the new graphical layout as well as colors to upgrade consistency and usability.
4. Enables Motorola Alert Application download – Grab the new Motorola Alert from the Google Play Store so that you can be able to get periodic alerts with your location to the contacts of your choice.
5. So, if you happen to own a Moto G on Boost Mobile, your device will receive an OTA update sooner or later. Just remember that you should first have to change back to stock recovery so that you can receive and apply this update without unnecessary hassles. Enjoy!