Finally! T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 edge owners has just started receiving the Android 7.0 Nougat updates. The T-Mobile Galaxy S7 G930T will bump up to OS update version G930TUVU4BQB1, whilst the T-Mobile Galaxy S7 edge G935T will also move to update version G935TUVU4BQB1. According to T-Mobile announcements, the said updates will be sent out to all device starting February 20, 2017, but however the roll out has started as earlier today.
Moreover, the Android Nougat updates brings a lot of new stuff. Some features of Marshmallow has gone and completely renovated. There are lots of new features such as the Performance mode option, the Device Maintenance stuff and the ability to force all apps into multi view.
The following are the technical details of the said Nougat Updates T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 edge:
These updates have moved the Galaxy S7 OS from previous Android Marshmallow MMB29M.G930TUVU4APK1 to Nougat update version NRD90M.G930TUVU4BQB1. Same goes to the Galaxy S7 edge from Marshmallow version MMB29M.G935TUVU4APK1 to Nougat update version NRD90M.G935TUVU4BQB1. The OTA update weighs at hefty 1563.03MB in size.
Android Nougat Updates Changelog details:
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS upgrade
- Provides new UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
- Improved usability of the Multi-window
- Improved setting menu and Always On Display
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
Multi-Window Usability Improvements
A newly improved Multi-Window that allows users to easily adjust and controls the window size in split view. Users can now access up to seven apps at the same time as the new pop-up window supports up to five separate windows in addition to the two split-views.
Improvements in Quick Panel and Notifications
The Quick Panel is redesigned into a much cleaner view. The title in the first panel’s depth icons have been removed. Whilst the second depth icons were lined-up into nine groups and are now much easier to locate.
The Notifications is added with Direct Reply support and are now also rearranged to display information.
Improved User’s Interface and Performance Mode
There are now four available modes such as the Optimized mode, Game mode, Entertainment mode, Entertainment mode, and High Performance mode.
The Optimized mode will now allows users to optimized and extends the battery life performance in the settings.
The Game mode also provides two additional functions such as Game Launcher and Game Tools. Entertainment mode enhances the sound and image quality, while the High Performance mode is for setting up the best quality display settings.
Update the Galaxy S7 or S7 edge Thru Over The Air (OTA)
Make sure your phone’s battery is fully charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About device > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
- You’ve successfully updated your software.