Sprint Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) users will now enjoys the Android 4.4.2 KitKat treatment. The 4.4.2 Kitkat software update dubbed as build version number L710VPUDND8 has recently hitting over-the-air (OTA). This an upgrade from previous 4.3 (Jelly bean) L710VPUCMK3, and has been rolled out beginning May 1st 2014. We have seen Sprint taking the lead among U.S. carriers to released the 4.4.2 KitKat on their own Samsung Galaxy series this year and we assumed that other carriers will follow closely. So again if you got Sprint Galaxy S3, you may now check for the 4.4.2 KitKat software update L710VPUDND8. Though it was dubbed as L710VPUCND8 at Sprint support page but according to the screenshots and Samsung’s documents it stated as L710VPUDND8
Here are the given chagelog of the L710VPUDND8, according to Samsung.
- Android version 4.4.2, KitKat
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
Here is the L710VPUDND8 4.4.2 KitKat update screenshot:
Again, the update is now live via OTA so just simply head-over to your phone Settings>>About device>>Check for update. Just make sure to recharge your phone first, and should not been rooted or modified to get the update without hiccups.