Here’ how to root the latest Samsung galaxy note 2 SGH-t889 (T-Mobile) latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with baseband version T889UVBMB4. This rooting process is as easy as it was before, since this will not trip the binary flash counter. Using MrRobinson’s root method that no longer trip the binary flash counter. This uses a technique called injecting the SuperSU binary onto the original stock T889UVBMB4. So, If you use this rooting method your device runs closer to original firmware.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. The Developers of this root files and including Us providing this guide shall not be held responsible if any undesired outcomes to your device. Use of the files is solely at your own risks.
Root T889UVBMB4 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update without tripping the binary flash counter
This root method has been developed by MrRobinson a highly recognize developer from XDA-Developers forum.
- Odin flasher – Odin3_v3.07
- USB Driver – Download then install it
- Download and Extract the root66_TMO_T889UVBMB4.7z from MrRobinson’s XDA original thread. use winzip,7zip and or any tool you have in your computer.
- Use PC with Windows OS (Odin will not work on Mac and Linux OSX)
- Make sure to fully recharge your battery
- Use the original supplied USB cable for your Galaxy Note 2
- You don’t need to back-up the files from your phone for this will not wipe data during installation. But just in-case for safety precautions – just make a back-up copy of your important files store from the device. You can use Titanium back-up or Back-up Pro apps from Play Store to easily do this task.
1. Run Odin on your computer
2. Boot the Galaxy Note 2 in download mode screen for Odin.
Turn it off, once completely shut down hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME DOWN’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the ‘VOLUME UP’ button to continue or enter Download Mode.
3. Connect the phone to the computer via USB. Then make sure you can see as phone “Added” in Odin log box or a highlighted COM:ID points to the port number once the device is recognize by odin.
4. In Odin window, DO Not tick ‘RE-Partition’ only Tick ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ and nothing else.
5. Now load the root system image ‘root66_TMO_T889UVBMB4.tar.md5‘ on the PDA field. Click the PDA button then browse and select to the extracted file.
6. Click the “START” button to flash the stock ROM with root system image.
7. Wait until the flashing finishes and the phone completely reboots. Then remove the device from PC connection.
8. That’s it! You may then check if your device is already rooted.
Additional info after root
How to save root when OTA update notification arrives.
If you receive a notification for a OTA update, it has been confirmed that you can use OTA RootKeeper to retain root through the update process.
Does this root method works unto your device? Let us know.