Here’s a root method that works with T-Mobile’ Samsung galaxy S3 that already runs in Android 4.1.1 Jelly bean update build version T999UVDLJA. The rooted Stock T999UVDLJA Jelly Bean already rebundled mrRobinson (XDA-highly recognized developer) with added root image injected to it. This rooting method will not increase the flash binary counter of your device for it uses the original Jelly bean Stock ROM T999UVDLJA from OTA/Kies official update.
Disclaimer: Use of this root method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions.
How to install the Rooted Stock T999UVDLJA
Odin flasher – Odin3_v3.07
USB Driver – Samsung Android USB Driver
Download and Extract the stock_root69.tar from the .7z file from the link below
New! – October 2012 – 4.1.1 JellyBean
Note: This is based off of the stock image TMO T999UVDLJA
Perm Mirror: Download – root66_TMO_T999UVDLJA.7z
Use PC with Windows OS (Odin will not work on Mac and Linux OSX)
Make sure to fully recharge your battery
Use the original supplied USB cable for your Galaxy S3
1. Run Odin on your PC desktop
2. Boot the Galaxy S3 into download mode screen for Odin.
Turn it off, once completely shut down hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME DOWN’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the ‘VOLUME UP’ button to continue or enter Download Mode.
3. Connect the phone to PC via USB. Then make sure you can see as phone “Added” in Odin log box or highlight the COM:ID once the device is detected,
4. In Odin window, DO Not tick ‘RE-Partition’ only Tick ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ and nothing else.
5. Now load the root system image root66_TMO_T999UVDLJA.tar.md5 on the PDA button.
6. Click on “Start” to flash the stock ROM with root system image.
7. Wait until the flashing finishes and the phone completely reboots.
How to Unroot?
If you plan to unroot in the future and or i-case you needed it for factory reset reasons, you can simply grab the original, unrooted and unmodified stock firmware T999UVDLJA. Just simply follow the guide as it still te same process but this time used this original stock T999UVDLJA and then load it on Odin’s PDA button.
Original T999UVDLJA Stock ROM
Note: This stock is to be used for T-Mobile’s Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 only. This is very useful in-case you need to revert back your Galaxy 3 to its original factory default settings, like unrooting, this also useful for fixing soft-bricks as like most mobile phone technician used.
T999UVDLJA_T999TMBDLJA_TMB find it here.
via XDA-Original thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1771687