Have you been updated your Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-T889 (T-Mobile) to the latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean T889UVALL4 and now wonder how to root it? Then you can now root it using mrRobinson’s the pre-rooted stock image T889UVALL4 without increasing the binary flash counter.
Thus, who aren’t familiar what the heck the binary flash counter is, this is the security system installed by Samsung on all of their Android devices. This will let them know if the device have done some any modification by way of rooting, installing unofficial sofware. If this flash counter is tripped, then the device warranty is void.
In addition, your device will still receives any future official OTA updates when you use this root method. So, if you want to keep your device stays in official firmware but it’s already rooted and still has its original functionality like the newly added multi-window features.
Now, head over to mrRobinson’s XDA-thread and grab the root66_TMO_T889UVALL4.zip file to root your Galaxy Note 2 – http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1975560
How to Install Root T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 runs with T889UVALL4 Jelly Bean
1. Grab the root66_TMO_T889UVALL4 from above link.
2. Grab Odin3_3.07 link
3. Install USB driver link
4. Extract the root66_TMO_T889UVALL4.zip file you downloaded in your computer,
then you’ll end up with root66_TMO_T889UVALL4.tar.md5
5. Run Odin3_3.0.7.exe
6. Set the phone into download mode (Turn it OFF, then press and hold Volume Down + HOME + POWER) button. Then you need to press “Volume Up” to get into download mode screen.
7. Connect the phone to computer using the supplied USB cable. “If you have issues flashing with Odin please ensure you are using the microusb cable that came with the phone, users have had issues using other cables”.
8. Get back to Odin, then click the PDA field and select theroot66_TMO_T889UVALL4.tar.md5 you downloaded.
Important: DO NOT TICK “Re-Partition. Leave Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checked.
9. Hit Odin’s “START” button.
10. Wait until it successfully finishes and the phone completely reboots. Then remove it from computer connection.