Those who has received the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch GT-P3110 Wi-Fi Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with build number P3100XXDMA2 wants to install root, you can use chainfire’s CF-Auto Root. The P3100XXDMA2 Android 4.1.2 update has been released in some Europe countries such as Italy, Russia, Ukraine, Cyprus, Kazakhstan and other countries that I missed to mention and might also followed. This guide will simply show you how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi GT-P3110. Again, this rooting method is for the Wi-Fi version only GT-P3110 and not the GT-P3100 which has 3G + Wi-Fi capability.
Using chainfire’s CF-AUTO Root which already included with SuperSU binary and stock recovery is an easy root method but you may also consider that rooting will voids the warranty of your device.
You may first check your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi GT-P3110 software info via Settings>>About>>Software Version, it should match with current firmware details as P3110XXDMA2 before you may proceed. This rooting method should only used and works with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100. Do not use it on other variants which may result to possible bricks.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids warranty of your device. We and the Developer of this root method shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes this process might take. Use of this root process and guide is solely at your own risk!
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 -inch GT-P3110 Wi-Fi, runs with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDMA2 Stock Firmware
Grab the CF-AUTO Root ‘CF-Auto-Root-espressowifi-espressowifixx-gtp3110.zip’ and the ‘Triangle Away’ apps from Chainfire’s official site link (support chainfire by donation to continue development)
Grab Odin3_v1.85 link
Install the Galaxy Tab 2 USB Driver link
- Make sure the battery is fully charge.
- Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from the device such as contacts, SMS,emails,photos, videos etc. (use any apps to do this easily)
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Tab 2 Go to Settings>Application>Development>Turn On USB debugging mode.
1. Extract the downloaded CF-Auto-Root-espressowifi-espressowifixx-gtp3110.zip in separate folder on your computer.
From a zip file you’ll then get the CF-Auto-Root-espressowifi-espressowifixx-gtp3110.tar.md5 which is now flashable through Odin.
2. Run Odin Odin3_v1.85.exe.
3. Click on the PDA button then browse the CF-Auto-Root-espressowifi-espressowifixx-gtp3110.tar.md5, select to load it.
4. In Odin checkboxes options, make sure that you DO NOT TICK the “Re-Partition box. Just leave the Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time checked.
5. Put your Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch into ODIN download mode by holding down both “Power Button and Volume Down button” then let go when your Galaxy Tab 2 reboots. Then press Volume Up button to continue and your Tab 2 should be in ODIN download mode.
6. Connect the Galaxy Tab 2 to computer using the supplied USB cable. You should see the ID:COM turns to yellow and shows the port number where the device is being connected. Odin will also says “Added!!” on its text box.
7. Now simply hit the “START” button.
8. Wait until it completely flashes the root image.
9. Once finishes and the Galaxy Tab 2 reboots, disconnect the tab from computer.
Reset the Binary Flash Counter after install Root
You may need to use the Triangle Away after installing the root file, this apps will reset the Binary Flash Counter when trip during flashing. This is only optional for those who wants to hide trace of flashing custom firmware which voids the device warranty.
After your device gets root, there is nothing to worry about your Galaxy Tab 2 receiving any upcoming updates, that’s because your device still runs in official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
So, how’s the rooting process going? Does it work or not? Just tell us any issues you might encountered.