The 4.4.2 Kitkat update on the international Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 is finally here. Those who received the first batch of official release build 4.4.2 N7100XXUFND3 and might now looking to get root, then this is for you. To root the N7100XXUFND3 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update you can simply use CF-Auto Root which basically built for the Galaxy Note II GT-N7100. This has been tested root method and it was already proven to worked with the latest 4.4.2 KitKat N7100XXUFND3.
For those who did not yet received the update for it’s particularly only available in France for now, and you might want to install it manually just download the stock 4.4.2 N7100XXUFND3 firmware below. Those who succefully upgraded and now wants to get it rooted, just follow this guide.
Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100XXUFND3 Android 4.4.2
Download Chainfire’s CF-Auto root built for Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 here: CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip.
– Extract or unzip the downloaded CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip so that you’ll get the Odin flashable ‘CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5′. Use wizip,winrar, 7zip or any extracting tool you had in your computer.
– Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
– Run Odin3_v3.07, click the PDA button and browse to the folder
– Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox, just leave default checked Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time check-boxes.
– Reboot the Galaxy Note 2 into download mode. Turn the power off, then just press and hold the Volume Down , Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
– Connect your Galaxy Note 2 into your computer
– Fire-up the “START’ button.
– Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 N7100XXUFND3 4.4.2 Stock Firmware
France – N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF.zip link
Grab Odin flasher tools and USB Driver:
GT-N7100 USB Driver link
– Unzip the stock firmware file N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF.zip
– Install the USB driver
– Run Odin3_v3.09, ensure not to tick the “Re-Partition” option.
– Put the Galaxy Note 3 in download mode by holding down the volume Up+Home+Power button at the same time.
– Connect the Galaxy Note 2 into the the computer.
– Click the AP button, then load the stock extracted firmware file.
– Hit the “Start” button.
– Wait until “PASS!” appears.
Once you reboot your phone will read a message something like this “SuperSu has stopped” this is normal since the 4.4.2 KitKat update includes KNOX apps that may interfere the root access. Besides the root file hasn’t also being updated yet to work with the 4.4.2. To fix such issue, all you need is uninstall the SuperSU then re-install or update to latest SuperSU from Playstore. Just let me know if it worked or not.