Those who needs to their Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 that currently runs with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build version number N7000XXLT9, you may now try PhilZ-CWM6 that also getting an update to v5.08.5. The N7000XXLT9 is officially rolled out in UK, both unbranded and carrier branded Samsung Galaxy Note devices received it.
PhilZ-CWM6 v5.08.5 (changelog)
- Compile Aroma File Manager (by amarullz) zip installer under recovery:
- either compile whole recovery, zip will be created at first pass
- * or only compile aroma zip installer in two pass:
- 1- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm
- 2- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm/tools
- output: [target_out]/aromafm_out/aromafm_[DeviceID].zip
- detect aroma compatibility with non NEON devices during compiling
- use less conflicting flags: TARGET_NAME –> TARGET_COMMON_NAME
There are two root packages you can choose, either install it via stock recovery or the tar file which can be flash through Odin. You can grab the files here – forum.xda-developers.com.
Method 1: Install Root XXLT9 via Stock Recovery Update zip
Recommended Method – Recovery (.zip) packages instructions – Will also root your phone
- They come in the form of -signed.zip files that can be flashed in stock recovery 3e: No Yellow Triangle
- Download PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT9-ORA-5.08.5-signed.zip
- Copy or Put the previously downloaded PhilZ-cwm6-DXLSE-OLB-4.91.2-signed.zip file on your external sd card (not internal)
- Boot into stock recovery (volume up+home+power) button
- Select “apply update from external storage”. Use volume keys to toggle and home or power button to select option.
- Now select the PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT9-ORA-5.08.5-signed.zip file you copied in previous step.
- You are rooted + new PhilZ-cwm6 kernel with CWM6
Method 2: Install Root XXLT9 using Odin
- Grab Odin3_v3.07
- Grab and install the USB driver (install it)
- Start odin3 and configure its options: DO NOT Tick “Re-partition” options.
- Click on the PDA button then load the PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT9-ORA-5.08.5.tar.md5 file
- Boot the device into download mode (Volume down+Home+Power) button
- Connect phone in download mode to PC via USB
- Press start to flash the tar.md5 package
- To root, download the root file from XDA source ( Choose Method 1)
That’s all! You now have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 runs in Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (N7000XXLT9).