Here’s the root method that work for Sprint Galaxy note 2 SPH-L900 that already updated or currently runs the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with new baseband version L900VPAMA7 or a build number JZO54K.L900VPAMA7. This root process is too easy for experienced users but a bit risky for beginners, but for those who wants to learn how to root this device, just read carefully every details on how to safely root your precious device or you might end-up in any undesired outcomes.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Model Number: SPH-L900
Android Version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: L900VPAMA7
A friendly reminder about rooting your Galaxy Note 2
Rooting process voids the warranty of your device, so if you don’t understood what the heck is this all about, just leave your device fully untouched.
Disclaimer: We and the developer of this file shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device. Proceed at your own risk!
Install CWM or TWRP unto Galaxy Note.
I suggest to use [MSkip] Toolkit v3.0.0 for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900, from there you can then install the necessary driver for your device and the needed CWM or TWRP recovery.
Once the CWM or TWRP recovery has installed on your Galaxy Note 2, you can then grab the stock Rooted L900VPAMA7 from [t3project] XDA thread:
You can choose either the odex or the deodexed version. (Do not ask me what is deference between the two here)
Installing root stock L900VPAMA7 via CWM or TWRP recovery
1. Boot your phone into normal mode.
2 Connect your phone to the computer using the supplied usb cable, it goes into MTP Mode.
3.Copy the Stock_SPH-L900VPAMA7_Odex.zip or Stock_SPH-L900VPAMA7_deOdex.zip
to the ‘Internal Storage’ part on your phone where you can easily find it. Do not unzip nor touch the file as is.
4. Boot the Galaxy Note 2 into CWM Recovery (shut down the phone then hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME UP’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 5 seconds).
5. Select ‘Install zip from sdcard’ and select ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
6. Navigate to Stock_SPH-L900VPAMA7_Odex.zip or Stock_SPH-L900VPAMA7_deOdex.zip file and select.
7. Select ‘Yes’ to start installing.
8. When flashing has finished press the BACK Button to go back until you get to the Main Menu.
9. Lastly, select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your phone.