There is new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update that has been released on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, this new Jelly Bean version has a new build numbers of I9100XWLSS and rolled out in selected Europe countries. Those who might received or installed the new I9100XWLSS firmware and now wants to get root, then this guide is for you. To root the I9100XWLSS build version you can still use Philz CWM6 recovery. This guy is fastier as lighting to update his signatured rooting techniques that he has been developed for Galaxy S2 users until now.
If you’re familiar or already used Philz root method before from previous firmware build version, the I9100XWLSS root kernel also got its newly updated changes or adjustment. It is now also updated to version v5.00.4. So, for those who needs root, just read the contents of this post and it points you to the right direction on how to safely root your Samsung Galaxy S2 that is currently running with I9100XWLSS Jelly bean firmware build version.
In addition, Philz-CWM6 root kernel does not just root your Samsung Galaxy S2 but it also adds up the enhanced clockworkmod 6 full touch based recovery (CWM base 22.214.171.124) on your device in just simple steps ahead. This root is absolutely safe for it has a “Patched kernel” included to it to get rid of the brick bug issues. This is also a handy rooting technique by way of just flashing it via Stock Recovery or in Odin without the frustrating yellow triangle.
PhilZ Touch v.5.00.4 Features
- fix reboot to bootloader for phones without download mode
- define default values for CWM Advanced Edition builds to non officially supported devices by PhilZ Touch
- no need to confirm sideload as it can be cancelled
- move philz settings file from /system to /data
- fix compile error for non PhilZ Touch version
- revert temporary assert fix for i9100/n7000 (ramdisk changes):
- do not mount /system in init.rc
- add needed entries in default.prop
How to root Samsung Galaxy S2 runs with I9100XWLSS 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using Philz Touch v5.00.4 based from CWM6
There are two root packages you can choose, either install it via stock recovery or the tar file which can be flash through Odin. You can grab the files here – forum.xda-developers.com.
Method 1: Install Root via Stock Recovery Update zip
Recommended Method – Recovery (.zip) packages instructions – Will also root your phone
- They come in the form of -signed.zip files that can be flashed in stock recovery 3e: No Yellow Triangle
- Download Philz-cwm6-XWLSS-OXX-5.00.4-signed.zip kernel matching your ROM
- Put the previously downloaded Philz-cwm6-XWLSS-OXX-5.00.4-signed.zip file on your external sd card
- Boot into stock recovery (volume up+home+power)
- Select “apply update from external storage”.
- Now select the Philz-cwm6-XWLSS-OXX-5.00.4-signed.zip file you copied in previous step
- You are rooted + new PhilZ-cwm6 kernel with CWM6
Method 2: Install Root using Odin
- Grab Odin3_v3.07
- Grab and install the USB driver
- Boot the device into download mode (press volume down+home+Power button)
- start odin3 and then load the “Philz-cwm6-XWLSS-OXX-5.00.4-signed.tar.md5” on PDA button
- configure Odin – do not check “Re-Partition”
- connect phone in download mode to PC via USB
- press start to flash the tar.md5 package
- to root, download the root file from here ( Choose Method 1)