Have your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 already upgraded to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with build and baseband number ‘I9100XWLS8 – I9100XXLS8’ recently, and now wonder which root method perfectly works on this version?
Other rooting techniques before that works from ICS 4.0.4 version might not work at this moment or either the developer has not created a new build for it that supports to this latest official 4.1.2 Jelly bean update. Now, here’s the root method that I want to recommend for you since this root is a little bit more awesome from others.
Use the Philz-CWM6 root kernel, for it does not just root your Samsung Galaxy S2 but it also adds up the enhanced clockworkmod 6 full touch based recovery on your device in just simple steps ahead. This root is absolutely safe for it has a “Patched kernel” to avoid brick bug issues. This is also a handy rooting technique by way of just flashing it via Stock Recovery or in Odin without the frustrating yellow triangle.
- Completely new Custom Backup and Restorimg
- Custom back and restore job list: backup and restore freely any partition combo from old nandroid folder or new custom_backup one menu
- Restore modem as custom modem.img file or modem.bin (found in Samsung tar roms)
- Backup EFS in tar (overwrite old backup) + img formats (time stamped)
- Restore EFS from either tar or img files
- All backup and restore tasks are now built completely on native nandroid functions: no more calling of many shell scripts
- One shell script only left to handle raw backup and restore of ext4 partitions (not supported by cwm, I actually use it only for efs.img and restore of modem.bin files)
- New Nandroid Settings Menu: improved UI with settings immediately reflecting on menus
- New TimeZone menu: friendly UI (idea from TWRP) and simpler code to fix issue where it could sometimes fail to write config file
- pigz library: big credits to TWRP team (will be used for new lightning fast compressed backups)
- fix ors mount script for phones without external sd
- remove useless run of ors mount when not started from boot
- fix some partitions could be formatted despite no backup file to restore when md5 check was disabled
- small bug fixes and code cleaning
- Patched kernel to avoid brick bug issues on ICS 4.0.4
- PhilZ Touch Recovery: enhanced clockworkmod 6 full touch based recovery
- Pure stock kernel (only ramdisk changes)
- Can be flashed in Stock Recovery (root + no yellow triangle) or in Odin
- Init.d and customboot.sh support
- Introduced support for custom MULTI bootanimation (bin and zip)
- Dual USB mount in recovery support
- ADB root in recovery: just wait about a minute to activate
Just head over to Phil3759 XDA original thread and grab the PhilZ-cwm6 v4.00-b22 with CWM 220.127.116.11 based recovery for I9100XWLS8 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.
Just read the whole step by step instruction guide on how to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 runs with official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I9100XWLS8 or I9100XXLS8.