This rooting method will work to root Rogers Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE SGH-i727R running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I727RUXUMA7. The root method was originally developed for AT&T’s Galaxy S2 skyrocket SGH-I727 but Rogers Galaxy S2 I727 is the identical twin released for Canadian consumers, so the root method is still the same for both of the two. Just follow the step by step below and you may then gain root access on your Galaxy S2 LTE i727r bought from Rogers.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. Proceed at your own risk!
Again, this rooting method only works with Rogers Samsung Galaxy S2 i727R running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I727RUXUMA7 or an AT&T Galaxy S2 i727 skyrocket I727UCMC1 . Do not use it to other Samsung Galaxy S2 variants.
Step 1: Install the Galaxy S2 TWRP Recovery
- Make sure the battery is fully charge
- Run Odin downloader tool.
- Reboot the phone into download mode – Turn it OFF. Then hold down both volume buttons and plug connect USB cable into your phone. (or hold volume down and power button). Press the volume up button when you see this menu.
- Just be sure that Re-Partition is NOT checked. leave Auto reboot and F-Reset time checked by default.
- Click the PDA button in Odin. Browse to the TWRP file “openrecovery-twrp-184.108.40.206-skyrocket.tar” you
- downloaded and select it.
- Now hit Start button and Odin will flash the recovery.
- Once Odin has finished flashing you will see a green PASS.
Step 2: Install SuperSU to Root your Galaxy S2
- Copy the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25 in the root directory of your SDcard.
- Reboot into recovery. Power off your phone. Hold both volume buttons and the power button at the same time. When the phone vibrates, let go of the power button but keep holding both volume buttons. In a few seconds you should be in the recovery menu.
- Navigate to “Install Update from SD card”
- Now look for the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip. then install it.
- Just follow the TWRP prompts.
- Now your fully rooted.
How to unroot?
If you need to undo root, all you need is to Odin back to stock I727RUXUMA7 on your Galaxy S2 i727R, just find then download it and flash it through Odin same method on flashing the TWRP recovery above. This will restore your device to it’s original factory settings and wipe any trace of customization.
This Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE Rogers (SGH-I727R) Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UMA7 root method was originally posted by [forrest89sei] via XDA-developers original thread. Credits and thank’s goes to him.
Does this root method perfectly works on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I727R? Tell us any issues you might encountered.