Here’s a working root method for AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 running on the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software update with build numbers I717UCDM3. To root, you will now use the latest “CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip” developed by Chanifire and the TWRP custom recovery from Teamwin. Just follow the simple instruction below, then you’ll have your Galaxy Note rooted in no time. This rooting process was already tested and proven safe, if you are new about this rooting thing then make a careful research first before doing so. This is not new from those who already use this rooting method before, it’s the same rotting process from previous Ice Cream Sandwich version.
Instructions: How to Root Galaxy Note I717 runs with Jelly Bean (I717UCMD3)
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We shal not be held responsible If you messed-up your device. use of this guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Copy the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip into your Galaxy Note SD card (not on the phone but internal storage).
2. Run Odin3.1.85.exe in your computer.
3. Reboot your phone in download mode. Turn it OFF, then press and hold Volume down and Power button at the same time. Then simply press Volume up to confirm.
4. Connect the phone via USB cable.
5. Click the PDA button then browse the openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124.tar
– make sure all the boxes are UNCHECK except for Auto Reboot.
6. Now Hit “Start” button and wait until the phone reboots.
7. Now reboot the phone into recovery mode to install the SuperSU root file.
- Turn it OFF,
- Press both Volume Up and Down and the Power button at the same until a Teamwin screen appears
- On menu tap “Install” folder
- Locate the CWM super SU from the SD card
- Swipe over to Flash
- Reboot system
That’s it! You should now have a rooted Galaxy Note I717 running in Jelly Bean. Thank’s to (KSoD) from XDA for confirming us about this root method that truly works!
Is this root method work on your device or not? Drop a comments below.