Here’ show to root the AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro SGH-i547 that already receives or upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update build I547UCBLL1. The root process includes an installation of custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP, from which users can easily install the root via update zip option in recovery mode. This root method has been proven works on Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro SGH-i547 U.S version and even the Canadian variants SGH-I547C.
Rooting procedure Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro SGH-I547
Disclaimer: Rooting will voids the warranty of your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Grab the necessary files for rooting.
CWM 18.104.22.168 Recovery Image: utkanos Odin flashable CWM tar file
CWR Root Update Zip: cwmr_root.zip
Odin Flasher: Odin3_v3.07
SGH-i547 USB Driver: Samsung USB Driver
- Make sure your phone’s battery is fully charge.
- Use Windows based computer or laptop.
Install CWM Recovery
- Install drivers from link above
- Download necessary packages (clockwork recovery, root update) from the links below
- Copy root update to your devices sdcard(s) — Copy to both if external SD card is present
- Charge phone to at least 80%
- Power off the phone
- Unplug from USB / Charger
- Boot into download mode (Home + Volume Down + Power)
- When asked if you want to continue, press Volume Up to enter download mode
- Plugin phone and
- Launch ODIN
- Check the checkbox next to “PDA”
- Click the PDA button
- Select the comanche_cwr_6015_utkanos.tar.md5 file
- Make sure only “F. Reset Time” are selected
- Make sure “Auto reboot” is not selected
- Click start
- The progress bar should turn green and say “Pass” — DO NOT reboot the phone at this point (you may lose recovery if you do)
- Unplug the phone from USB
Install Root via ClockworkMOD Recovery
- Pop the battery of the phone to power off
- Boot into Clockwork Recovery (Home + Volume Up + Power — Release when Samsung logo appears)
- Select “Install zip from sd card”
- Select “Choose zip from sd card”
- Navigate to zip
- Select zip
- You should now have root and persistent recovery
To learn more about this rooting method just visit [kemonine96] XDA original thread.