This guide will simply show you on how to install Root on Canada’s variants of Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro SGH-I547C that already updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update with build number I547CVLUAMC1. this rooting method is the same as used with the US version AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy Pro SGH-I547. So, for those who might need root access on their Galaxy Rugby Pro can try out this rotting technique.
Rooting procedure Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro SGH-I547c
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Grab the necessary files for rooting.
CWM 18.104.22.168 Recovery Image: utkanos Odin flashable CWM tar file
CWR Root Update Zip: cwmr_root.zip
Odin Flasher: Odin3_v3.07
SGH-i547 USB Driver: Samsung USB Driver
- Make sure your phone’s battery is fully charge.
- Use Windows based computer or laptop.
Install CWM Recovery
- Install drivers from link above
- Download necessary packages (clockwork recovery, root update) from the linksbelow
- Copy root update to your devices sdcard(s) — Copy to both if external SD card is present
- Charge phone to at least 80%
- Power off the phone
- Unplug from USB / Charger
- Boot into download mode (Home + Volume Down + Power)
- When asked if you want to continue, press Volume Up to enter download mode
- Plugin phone and
- Launch ODIN
- Check the checkbox next to “PDA”
- Click the PDA button
- Select the comanche_cwr_6015_utkanos.tar.md5 file
- Make sure only “F. Reset Time” are selected
- Make sure “Auto reboot” is not selected
- Click start
- The progress bar should turn green and say “Pass” – DO NOT reboot the phone at this point (you may lose recovery if you do)
- Unplug the phone from USB
Install Root via ClockworkMOD Recovery
- Pop the battery of the phone to power off
- Boot into Clockwork Recovery (Home + Volume Up + Power — Release when Samsung logo appears)
- Select “Install zip from sd card”
- Select “Choose zip from sd card”
- Navigate to zip
- Select zip
- You should now have root and persistent recovery
To learn more about this Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro SGH-I547c rooting method just head over to [kemonine96] XDA original thread.