The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch GT-p3100 Android 4.1.2 update has kept on coming to various countries worldwide. This varies from firmware build numbers according to each specific countries and network providers. Recently, anther firmware build numbers we have been spotted officially rolling out by Samsung. This update was released in various countries such as Italy, Hungary, China, Taiwan and others that we missed to mention.
Now, if somehow, you want to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 that now runs or updated to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build P3100XXDMB1, P3100JKCMB1, P3100ZSDMB2, DMB3 and DMB4. To root this Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean update you can use chainfire’s CF-AUTO- Root which already included with SuperSU binary and stock recovery.
You may first check your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 software info via Settings>>About>>Software Version, it should match with current firmware details as P3100XXDMB1 or up to DMB4 before you may proceed. This rooting method should only used and works with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100. Do not use it on other variants which may result to possible bricks.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids warranty of your device. We and the Developer of this root method shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes this process might take. Use of this root process and guide is solely at your own risk!
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 -inch GT-P3100 3G + Wi-Fi runs with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXCLL2 or XXCLL3 Stock Firmware
Grab the CF-AUTO Root CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100 from Chainfire’s official site link (support chainfire by donation to continue development)
Grab Odin3_v1.85 link
Install the Galaxy Tab 2 USB Driver link
- Make sure the battery is fully charge.
- Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Tab 2 Goto Settings>Application>Development>Turn On USB debugging mode.
1. Extract the downloaded CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5.zip in separate folder on your computer.
From a zip file you’ll then get the CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5 which is now flashable through Odin.
2. Run Odin Odin3_v1.85.exe.
3. Click on the PDA button then browse the CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5, select to load it.
4. In Odin checkboxes options, make sure that you DO NOT TICK the “Re-Partition box. Just leave the Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time checked.
5. Put your Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch into ODIN download mode by holding down both “Power Button and Volume Down button” then let go when your Galaxy Tab 2 reboots. Then press Volume Up button to continue and your Tab 2 should be in ODIN download mode.
6. Connect the Galaxy Tab 2 to computer using the supplied USB cable. You should see the ID:COM turns to yellow and shows the port number where the device is being connected. Odin will also says “Added!!” on its text box.
7. Now simply hit the “START” button.
8. Wait until it completely flashes the root image.
9. Once finishes and the Galaxy Tab 2 reboots, disconnect the tab from computer.
Reset the Binary Flash Counter after install Root
You may need to use the Triangle Away after installing the root file, this apps will reset the Binary Flash Counter when trip during flashing. This is only optional for those who wants to hide trace of flashing custom firmware which voids the device warranty.
After your device gets root, there is nothing to worry about your Galaxy Tab receiving any upcoming updates, that’s because your device still runs in official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
So, how’s the rooting process going? Does it work or not? Just tell us any issues you might encountered.