Samsung has began rolling out the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean upgrade on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100P with a built in NFC (near field communication). Th Android 4.1.2 jelly bean updates comes with build numbers I9100PXXLSK in Italy and I9100PXXLSQ in the UK, France and Spain with Orange networks. Those who might learn how to root the Samsung Galaxy S2 Gt-i9100P that has now updated or runs with official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update, you can try this below root method.
This rooting process doesn’t require you to install a custom recovery into your Galaxy S2 I9100P, if you only need a root permission to install any apps you want from Play Store. You don’t need a computer to install this root files, because you can easily install it via stock recovery.
Method 1: Root Galaxy S2 GT-I9100P using Universal Root – SuperSU and BusyBox
This root method uses the SuperSU and Busybox installer, it can directly install to the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100P even without CMW recovery. Yes it sounds like magic! All you need is download the SuperSU root file from XDA thread ( Choose Method 1).
1. Download and then copy the root files into your external SDcard, you may choose one of the following files.
Root_SuperSU.0.96.Only-signed.zip, Root_SuperSU.0.96-FreeSpace.zip or Root_SuperSU.0.96-Busybox.1.20.2-S2-signed.zip.
2. Set your Galaxy Note into stock recovery (press and hold volume up+home+power), then select “apply update from external storage”.
3. Now select the Root_XXX.zip then install it.
Method 2: Root GT-I9100P Galaxy S2 using Philz CWM6 via Stock Recovery
Stock Recovery (.zip) packages instructions – Using PhilzCWM6 stock recovery kernel will also root your phone, They come in the form of -signed.zip files that can be flashed in stock recovery 3e: No frustrating Yellow Triangle that you need to reset.
1) Download PhilZ-cwm6–x.xx.x-signed.zip
2) Copy or Put the previously downloaded PhilZ-cwm6–x.xx.x-signed.zip file on your external sd card (not internal)
3) Boot into stock recovery (volume up+home+power) button
4) Select “apply update from external storage”. Use volume keys to toggle and home or power button to select option.
5) Now select the PhilZ-cwm6–x.xx.x-signed.zip file you copied in previous step.
6) You are rooted + new PhilZ-cwm6 kernel with CWM6
Does this root method perfectly worked on your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100P that runs in Jelly Bean? Tell us any issues you might encountered.