Here’s a guide how to Root Bell Samsung Galaxy S3 I747M that already runs with firmware build: I747MVLALH1/I747MOYCALH1/I747MVLLH1
Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). This is a rooting procedures that will ease you from pain of voiding its warranty. Occasional rooting method before, will automatically triggers the binary flash counter of your device. Samsung has input a system security unto your Galaxy S3 and once tripped by means of rooting or installing any unofficial customization will result to void its warranty period.
Although, it can be reverse by now using a special tool, but its a little bit tricky if you are not an advance user or not too familiar about rooting. So, to have an ease of more tricky tweaks, this rooting technique is much simpler than other rooting methods, for it will not trip the flash binary counter of your Galaxy S3. One good thing about this, is that it can be easily restore back – if you want to unroot anytime or return it back to its original factory stock firmware without more hassles resetting the binary flash counter in-case in need of warranty.
I also added a guide on how to easily unroot it for future use, so that you will not get lost and confuse if you want to restore it back again to its original factory default settings. Because when your Galaxy s3 is already rooted you can’t get any official firmware update from Kies or OTA anymore., “fail updating on kies or OTA”.
Guide: How to Root Bell Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M runs in ICS 4.0.4 I747MVLALH1.
This rooting method is more likely just installing the original firmware to your phone, but in manual method by using of Odin downloader tool. The firmware used on this process is the original firmware previously released by Samsung from Kies or OTA, but has been already injected with a rooted system image, so once installed it will add root to your Bell Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M automatically.
Grab the needed files:
- Download and Extract the stock rooted I747MVALLH1.
- Bell Image (This also works with Canadian Virgin Mobile SGH-I747M)
Perm Mirror 1: Bell I747MVLALH1 Download
Perm Mirror 2: : Bell I747MVLALH1 Download
- The rooted stock ROM was created by mrRobinson (XDA-developer recognized contributor) original thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1739426
- Make a back up copy of all important files stored from the phone, before you proceed (for safety).
- Use PC with Windows OS (Odin will not work on Mac and Linux OSX)
- Make sure to fully recharge your battery
- Use the original supplied USB cable for your Galaxy S3
Disclaimer: Using this guide is solely at your own risk. Always proceed with precautions.
1. Run Odin on your PC desktop
2. Boot the Galaxy S3 into download mode screen for Odin.
Turn it off, once completely shut down hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME DOWN’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the ‘VOLUME UP’ button to continue or enter Download Mode. It will then display an – Android Robot and says ” Downloading.. DO not turn off target”
3. Connect the phone to PC via USB. Then make sure you can see as phone “Added” in Odin log box or a highlighted (blue color) COM:ID, once the device is detected or recognize with Odin.
4. In Odin window, DO Not tick ‘RE-Partition’ only Tick ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ and nothing else.
5. Now load the rooted stock ROM.
Click odin’s PDA button then select the root69.stock_Bell_I747MVLLH1.tar
6. Click on “Start” to begin flashing.
7. Wait until the flashing finishes, DO NOT remove nor touch anything unless it completely finishes.
8. Remove the phone from PC once rebooted.
How to UnRoot: Remove Root on Bell Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M
The process is still the same above, but this time you need to flash the original, unmodified and unrooted I747MVLALH1/I747MOYCALH1/I747MVLLH1 stock ROM.
Here’s the original I747MVLALH1_I747MOYCALH1 firmware unzip or extract it after downloaded, so that you’ll get the odin flashable tar file.
Again, load it on Odin’s PDA button.
That’s it! Any questions and or related issues about how to root and unroot Bell Samsung Galaxy S3 I747M just let us know.