If happens that you are from Australia and now you wants to know how to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 that already updated or runs with official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with firmware build ‘I9100XWLSH’ and baseband version of ‘I9100XXLS9. You can use Philz CWM6 now gets a newly update to version 4.90.8 that added some stuff fix previous issues. Again, you can only use this version if you want to root the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 that has been upgraded to Australia’s official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean – I9100XWLSH released.
Philz-CWM6 root kernel does not just root your Samsung Galaxy S2 but it also adds up the enhanced clockworkmod 6 full touch based recovery (CWM base 220.127.116.11) on your device in just simple steps ahead. This root is absolutely safe for it has a “Patched kernel” to avoid brick bug issues. This is also a handy rooting technique by way of just flashing it via Stock Recovery or in Odin without the frustrating yellow triangle.
PhilZ Touch v.4.90.8 Features
- multi zip flash menu will now show the validation menu on top of files list
- added option to select/unselect all zip files in the multi zip flash menu
- touch code fixes: more responsive touch gui on menus. Less skips on bottom virtual buttons
- merge cm-10.1 changes
- update to cwm 18.104.22.168
- fix About dialog was not displaying what it should for non PhilZ Touch builds
- non PhilZ Touch builds are now: CWM Advanced Edition
- fix bug: if Key Repeat was disabled, blank screen will hang up when screen back on
- add beta support for P3100, P5100 and N8000
- i9100/n7000: migrate from Chainfire SuperSU to opensource superuser from clockworkmod
- toggle menus are now formatted to device screen width (right align menu option)
- add 30mn timezone offset
- New Custom Install Zip mode: set a default folder to start with + browse backward up to the root
- fix: check if folder already exists before an ors backup job is started
- merge CM 10.1 commit: Fix segfault with dead symlinks in char** gather_files()
- add extra check for carriage return for get_rom_name function: ensures windobe noobs do not get stuck
How to root Samsung Galaxy S2 runs with I9100XWLSH Baseband version I9100XXLS9 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using Philz Touch v4.90.8 with CWM6
There are two root packages you can choose, either install it via stock recovery or the tar file which can be flash through Odin. You can grab the files here – forum.xda-developers.com.
Method 1: Install Root via Stock Recovery Update zip
Recommended Method – Recovery (.zip) packages instructions – Will also root your phone
- They come in the form of -signed.zip files that can be flashed in stock recovery 3e: No Yellow Triangle
- Download PhilZ-cwm6-XWLSH-XSA-4.90.8-signed.zip kernel matching your ROM
- Put the previously downloaded PhilZ-cwm6-XWLSH-XSA-4.90.8-signed.zip file on your external sd card
- Boot into stock recovery (volume up+home+power)
- Select “apply update from external storage”.
- Now select the PhilZ-cwm6-XWLSH-XSA-4.90.8-signed.zip file you copied in previous step
- You are rooted + new PhilZ-cwm6 kernel with CWM6
Method 2: Install Root using Odin
- Grab Odin3_v3.07
- Grab and install the USB driver
- Boot the device into download mode
- start odin3 and configure it as in picture below
- connect phone in download mode to PC via USB
- press start to flash the tar.md5 package
- to root, download the root file from here ( Choose Method 1)
For more detailed instructions head over to XDA-Developer original thread anddirectly ask any assistance from Phil – the developer himself.