Yet another official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean update has been released for Samsung galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) in United Kingdom. This update comes in build number version ‘I9100XWLSW’, an update from last month released ‘I9100XWLSS’. Some owners of the Galaxy S2 that already received this update that it brings some improvements on UI (user interface), it somehow become smoother and much faster than before. It also said that it only consumes less power usage and best for battery longer life performance.
So, anyone who wants to try this firmware build I9100XWLSW may grab it from the source below. This stock firmware is compatible for all Europe unbranded or unlocked Samsung Galaxy S II with the specification model number “GT-I9100″ versions only.
How to manually install the I9100XWLSW Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
Grab the relevant files for flashing I9100XWLSW
Download I9100XWLSW Stock Firmware:
United Kingdom – I9100XWLSW_I9100XEULS5_XEU.zip download
Prepare things as follows:
– Use a PC or laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port.
– Use the USB cable wire for your Galaxy S2.
– Make sure that your galaxy S2 battery is fully charge.
– Back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc.
– Remember or back up the APN settings of your device.
– Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings. Go to Settings > Applications > Development, and tick the box that says ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
– Do a “Hard Reset” if you have a lot of 3rd party applications installed from your phone, this is useful to gain a smooth flashing. (Just make sure that you already back up all your important files before resetting your device.
Extract or unzip the downloaded stock firmware so that you’ll get the Odin flashable .tar.md5 file. Use Winzip, winrar, 7zip or any extracting tool you had in your computer.
Run and Configure Odin
Run Odin downloader on your computer’s desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked. Leave the ‘AUTO-REBOOT and ‘F.RESET TIME’ remains checked.
Now, click on the PDA button, then select and load the tar file that you have previously extracted. For example I’m using the Italian firmware so I got the “I9100XWLSW_I9100XEULS5_HOME.tar.md5″
Reboot the Galaxy S2 into Download Mode.
To put your galaxy S2 in download mode, just simply switch it off then gently press and hold the “POWER, VOLUME DOWN and HOME” buttons simultaneously. You’ll be then prompted in a warning screen to continue or cancel.
Connect the Phone to the Computer or Laptop
Once the phone screen shows in downloading mode, connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable. You’ll then notice the upper box in Odin that turns in yellow color., it also indicates the COM:ID where the device is being detected and a word “added!!’ on the log box. If somehow those things never showed up, check out the USB cable connection, read again from the top of this post.
Once all set and ready, hit he “START” button to begin flashing.
Do not touch anything that might interrupt the process to avoid any fatal errors or failures, it may ruin your device if any interruption occurs while already in flashing status.