Here’s how to manually install the official Android 4.3 update on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I317 (Bell, Rogers, Telus) if you can’t update your device on Kies or OTA. The 4.3 update now comes with firmware build version I317MVLUCMK5. This method which is only useful if your Note 2 now runs on any ROMs, rooted and installed with custom recovery and for some reasons it can’t accept OTA update and you only get update failures. Installing back to stock firmware will removed your root, so if you want to have your root still intact then you may decline this guide.
The Android 4.3 has now included with a new bootloader that is secured with KNOX warranty void counter. So, once you update your device to 4.3, you may trigger this KNOX warranty void flag that goes from “0x0” to “0x1” if you attempt to install root and obtain superuser access privileges again. But if you are not aware of your own device warranty, it’s up to you to decide.
Disclaimer: We shall not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device for using this guide. Flash at your own risk!
Note: The stock firmware is only for Canadian Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317M only. If you have no idea of what this is all about then don’t play it around on other Galaxy Note 2 variants or you’ll sorry if you messed-up with it.
– Make sure to back-up all important data stored in your phone, including contacts, photos, videos & etc.
– Recharge the battery for at-least 60% or much better you make it fully.
– Perform wipe data/factory reset or wipe data and dalvik cache if you’re in custom recovery.
– Download Odin3_V3.09 here
– Download USB driver here
– Download the stock 4.3 I317MVLUCMK5.
Flashing 4.3 UCMK5 Firmware
- Install the USB driver (skip this if you already installed Kies in your computer).
- Unzip the downloaded firmware build I317MVLUCMK5, use winzip or 7zip to extract it.
- Unzip and run Odin3_v3.09 exe.
- Reboot your Galaxy Note 2 into download mode, simply press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time and then press volume up to get into download mode screen.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 2 to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Wait until Odin recognizes the phone. It will show you the ID:COM or USB port number that will turn into blue color.
- Now head back in Odin and make sure not to tick the “Re-Partition’ checkbox. Except for Auto-Reboot and F-Reset time.
- Click the AP button then select the ‘I317MVLUCMK5_I317MOYACMK5_I317MVLUCMK5_HOME.tar.md5‘ file.
- Now once all files are loaded, just simply hit the ”START button. then wait until the flashing successfully completes. The phone will just restart and brings you the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean tweaks.
Feel free to drop some comments, if you’ve faced any issues.