The Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505 Snapdragon) is now getting new firmware update to build numbers I9505XXUBMGA. This update has hitted Nordic countries and Spain’s unbranded or unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 phones. This update might also going to roll out to the rest of Europe countries, and to those Galaxy S4 phones that still runs with firmware build numbers I9505XXUBMEA. Though, there is no official changelog provided by Samsung but this update has reported to fix several issues including camera and other lag problems, it is more likely the same from previous build that more on improvements and system enhancements. It also updated to a new baseband or modem version and the firmware build is freshly baked as of the 11th of July, indicating a much higher and latest build for this past months.
Here are I9505XXUBMGA firmware update info,
Model: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Country: Nordic countries, Spain
Carrier: unbranded/unlocked, SIM Free
Version: Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Product Code: NEE
Build date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:56:37 +0000
Update: Beginning July 25 it is also landed in UK, France, Poland, Germany, Italy, Baltic Regions, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Greece, Hungary, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Romania, Portugal, Slovakia and the rest of Europe countries. Those who have not still see this update, just check it out oftentimes via Kies. I also added some of the stock firmware below, for advance users convenience. Enjoy!
Those advance owners of the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-i9505) that are outside Europe territories and wants to give it try and are knows how to manually update, you can flash the original I9505XXUBMGA firmware from the below source.
Nordic Countries – I9505XXUBMGA_I9505OXXBMG3_NEE
Spain – I9505XXUBMGA_I9505OXXBMG3_PHE
Germany – I9505XXUBMGA_I9505OXXBMG3_DBT
UK – I9505XXUBMGA_I9505OXXBMG3_BTU
Italy – I9505XXUBMGA_I9505OXXBMG3_ITV
France – I9505XXUBMGA_I9505OXXBMG3_XEF
Poland – I9505XXUBMGA_I9505OXXBMG3_XEO
The Netherlands – I9505XXUBMGA_I9505OXXBMG3_PHN
Switzerland – I9505XXUBMGA_I9505OXXBMG3_AUT
You can find and download these firmware here.
Odin Quick Guide on Samsung Galaxy S4:
1. Make sure the battery is fully charge.
2. Optional: Back-up all important files stored from the phone, i.e contacts,photos,videos messages etc.
3. Download Odin3_v3.07 here and USB driver here.
4. Unzip the downloaded stock firmware.
5. Open Odin 3.07, DO NOT CHECK ‘Re-Partition’ option but check these ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset Time’
6. Power Off the phone and set into Download Mode (Power Menu+Volume Down+Home) then (Volume Up). Then connect the phone to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
7. Click the PDA button and browse to the file then click the ‘Start’ button.
8. Wait until the ‘Pass’ message appears.
9. That’s it and wait until the phone completely reboot.
10. Optional: perform factory reset.
If you have a root, you’ll lose root after the procedure but you can still root it back again or stay tune with us for we also provide how to root this new firmware build I9505XXUBMGA on your Samsung Galaxy S4.