If you are a Verizon Galaxy S3 advance users who loves to tweaks your device. You can install now the Jelly Bean leaked I535VRBLJ1 on Verizon Galaxy S3 which already injected with root image and technically it doesn’t trip the binary flash counter. Again, XDA- highly recognized developer mrrobinson now came up a rooted stock firmware based from recent Jelly Bean leaked I535VRBLJ1. Once you install this rooted Jelly Bean stock ROM, it doesn’t increase the flash counter and you’re safe way to go any official firmware updates via OTA.
How to Install a rooted I535VRBLJ1 Jelly Bean leaked on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk! Rooting will void the warranty of your device.
Grab the needed files:
- Odin flasher – Odin3_v3.07
- USB Driver – Download
- Download and Extract the stock rooted I747MVALLH1.
- Download the Stock Rooted I535VRBLJ1 ROM.
- Mirror 1: root66_VZW_I535VRBLJ1.7z – This will wipe everything! Complete factory wipe. Caution, Includes /sdcard.
Mirror 1: root66_VZW_I535VRBLJ1_nowipe.7z – This will NOT wipe data or sdcard.
- Make a back up copy of all important files stored from the phone, before you proceed (for safety).
- Use PC with Windows OS (Odin will not work on Mac and Linux OSX)
- Make sure to fully recharge your battery
- Use the original supplied USB cable for your Galaxy S3
1. Run Odin on your PC desktop
2. Boot the Galaxy S3 into download mode screen for Odin.
Turn it off, once completely shut down hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME DOWN’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the ‘VOLUME UP’ button to continue or enter Download Mode. It will then display an – Android Robot and says ” Downloading.. DO not turn off target”
3. Connect the phone to PC via USB. Then make sure you can see as phone “Added” in Odin log box or a highlighted (blue color) COM:ID, once the device is detected or recognize with Odin.
4. In Odin window, DO Not tick ‘RE-Partition’ only Tick ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ and nothing else.
5. Now load the rooted stock ROM.
Click odin’s PDA button then select the root66_VZW_I535VRBLJ1.tar.md5
6. Click on “Start” to begin flashing.
7. Wait until the flashing finishes, DO NOT remove nor touch anything unless it completely finishes.
8. Remove the phone from PC once rebooted.