This guide will show you how to manually install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 “S III SPH-L710 Sprint”. CWM stands for ClockWorkMod its a recovery program that lets you manage your Galaxy S3 on the fly without using or connecting your Galaxy S3 to the computer. This will easily help you backup and restore files. Install custom-built ROMs, kernels, boot images, modem, rooting and likewise installing apps in a CWM zip formats thru mounting via your phone’s micro SDcard.
Although, in Samsung Galaxy S3 there is already a built-in recovery manager (stock recovery) but it only offers limited access to your device. Unlike the CWM were you can expand and make use more features like mounting and installing files from the SDcard.
How to Install CWM on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III SPH-L710
This installation is for for used on Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 only. DO NOT Install this on other Samsung galaxy S3 variants like the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (international and to other U.S AT&T SGH-I747, Verizon SCH-I535, T-mobile SGH-T999 and Canada versions, Bell, Telus, Rogers and Sakstel SGH-I747M and Wind, Mobilicity, Videotron SGH-T999V. Check your device model number version in Settings – About Phone, before you may proceed.
Use PC with Windows OS (Odin will not work on Mac and Linux OSX)
Make sure the battery is fully charge or at least 50%.
The odin flashing will take only at-least than a minute.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk. We claim no responsibility if anything happens to your device by using any files associated on this guide.
1. Run and install the USB driver
2. Run Odin on your PC desktop
3. In Odin window, DO Not tick ‘RE-Partition’ only Tick ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ and nothing else.
4. Now simply click the PDA button and then select and load the CWM tar file recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-d2spr.tar in Odin.
5. Boot the Galaxy S3 into download mode option.
Turn it off, once completely shut down hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME DOWN’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the ‘VOLUME UP’ button to continue or enter Download Mode.
6. Connect the phone to PC via USB. Then make sure you can see as phone “Added” in Odin log box or a highlighted COM:ID in the upper part of Odin window once the phone is detected or recognize by Odin.
7. Once already set and the phone is properly connected to PC,
Click on “Start” button to flash the CWM recovery.
8. Wait ’till it finishes flashing. You will then see a word “PASS” once successfully completed the process.
9. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
How to access the CWM recovery mode option once installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3 (SPH-LP710)
Turn it off, then press and hold the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME UP’ + ‘POWER’ button at the same time.
You will then see the following CWM recovery option menu:
– reboot system now
– install zip from sdcard
– wipe data / factory reset
– back up and restore
– mounts and storage
That’s it! you have now installed a CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy SIII SPH-LP710 from here you can install a wide-variety of custom ROM to your device.
Full Credits: CWM ClockWorkMOD Recovery has developed by the CWM team.