The LG Optimus 4X HD P88o Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has not been officially release yet. But for those who’s been waiting this update to come for a while now, an unofficial 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware with build number V20A is out for grab for those who wants to give a try and upgrade their devices to the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean tweaks. This leaked firmware or beta release has its bootloader already unlocked and it can be easily applied root and custom recovery. The V20A 4.1.2 JB leaked is a Europe-open firmware builds. So, anyone from Europe regions that currently runs with 4.0.3 ICS builds like V10A, V10B, V10D, V10F, V10H and others, can use this firmware but that’s if you want to decide out of your own, since this is an unofficial released by LG.
Remember, this is a leaked version or beta build release only, installing a leaked firmware onto your device might voids its warranty.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your devices by using this guide.
- Back up all important files stored from your device, although this process will not wipe data but if you need to factory reset, you should do some back-up first.
- Install necessary drivers
- Turn off your phone
- Press and hold Volume down button and connect the phone to the PC while still holding Volume down button
- Once the phone connected, you should see a S/W screen mode, if not re-installthe necessary drivers
- Now re-insert the battery.
- Go to device manager and select “disable LGE Modem”.
- Run the KDZ_FW_UPD.exe and Windows Enabler.exe as an Administrator.
- Windows Enabler.exe should appear in taskbar somewhere near clock, click once till you can see ‘On’
- In KDZ_FW_UPD.exe select 3GQTC as type and DIAG as PhoneMode
- Browse and select your *.kdz file and press ‘Launch software update’
- Do not click program window even if is ‘Not responding’! Wait till flashing ends
- Phone will reboot and you can remove USB cable
Grab the V20a KDZ files at XDA.