AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) user will now enjoys the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. The 4.4.2 firmware build I747UCUFNE4 has recently and officially rolled out by AT&T and Samsung. AT&T’s Galaxy S3 has yet followed Sprint Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) on getting the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update this year. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is about two years old phone but still rocking when it comes to software updates. Aside from AT&T’s Galaxy S3, Canadian Galaxy S3’s (SGH-I747M) variants are also about to received the 4.4.2 update today, this is along with the Galaxy Note II devices. The 4.4.2 update will brings the following new features, enhancements and other improvements.
OS upgrade to Android 4.4 KitKat – I747UCUFNE4
- Android OS Version upgraded to 4.4.2
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- AT&T Drive Mode is changed to DriveMode
- “Beat Music” Pre-loaded
- Video player closed captioning Settings > My device > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Unified Location Menu: Settings > More > Location Location Settings is same as Location service in JBP. User can set the Locating method and check the recent location requests
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing is added. You can add printing support to your apps or develop print services to support specific types of printers. Apps > Settings > Connections > More networks > Printing
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
- Copy & paste improvements
- Email allows inline editing
- Phone/Dialer user interface enhancements
- Settings changes
- Bluetooth enhancements
- Immersive mode addition
- Keyboard enhancements
- HCE (Host card emulation) Enabled
- UICC (Universal Integrated Circuit Card ) is set as default
- GMS apps update (GMS 4.4.2_r2).
Again, the 4.4.2 I747UCUFNE4 update is now held available via OTA (over-the-air) and has started rolling out in batches. Some lucky owners will received it first while others may need to wait for their turn as software updates as we knew it is released in stages. To received the 4.4.2 update just ensure that your AT&T Galaxy S3 is not rooted and should still running on official 4.3 I747UCUEMJB. You may just simply hit your device Settings>>tap About Phone>>Check for update. If you already received the update just let everyone know, how’s your first impression about it.
Update: Flashable I747UCUFNE4 from UCUEMJB OTA update zip for advanced users – grab it here.
You must be on 4.3 I747UCUEMJB bootloader and running TWRP 184.108.40.206 or TWRP 220.127.116.11 prior to install.