AT&T may the last among the rest of US networks to release the 4.1.2 update on Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747). To be fair enough, it’ mustn’t that to late for everyone to get an update. Today, AT&T has still manage to finally push the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S3 subscribers. The firmware version now comes with build numbers I747UCDMG2, an update from the earlier 4.1.1 build I747UCDLK3. This is now the so-called ‘Premium Suite’ that includes some features found from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 – the ‘Multi Window’ that let users run two apps at the same time.
Changelog of I747UCDMG2 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
Software update includes
- Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
- Auto Share Shot with NFC: By setting the camera to “Auto Share Shot” mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
- Camera features: Paper artist and best face options.
- AT&T apps: AT&T services, Drive Mode, AT&T Locker; Family Map, Live TV, and SmartWifi have been loaded.
- Other enhancements: Includes calendar, SD Card, and S-Voice enhancements.
Here’s the firmware info:
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3: SGH-I747
- Android version: 4.1.2
- Baseband version: I747UCDMG2
- Build number: JZO54K.I747UCDMG2
- Kernel version: -3.0.31-1300972
This update is only available via OTA (over the air) only, that means not everyone can received this update one at a time. Again, not available through Kies for now, but might as well to be push soon, no one knows.
Anyway, those who have a rooted devices, just make sure you already installed back the stock recovery, CWM/TWRP caused an issue accepting OTA, it just failed. OTA Rootkeeper also worked, if you want to keep your root. So, that’s it, just share to us how this update performs.