US carriers has started rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat updates on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. First, it was T-Mobile responded the call, then it’s now AT&T and Sprint also making some movements.
Yup, the Android Nougat updates will be available soon for the said carriers Galaxy S7 and S7 edge phones. As we’ve seen the official firmware builds that are now being loaded on firmware servers and about to hit to all AT&T and Sprint Galaxy S7 and S7 edge from this day forward. So better keep an eye of it by navigating in your device software update settings.
Anyway, AT&T Galaxy S7 will get the Nougat update to version G930AUCU4BQA6, while the S7 edge will also get the version Nougat update G935AUCU4BQA6.
And for Sprint Galaxy S7 and S7 edge Nougat Updates were dubbed as version G930PVPU4BQAA & G935PVPU4BQAA.
These update will arrive via Over-The-Air and it weighs at approximately 1.5 GB in size.
Here’s the new amazing stuff you may find when your device runs on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Android Nougat Updates Changelog details:
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS upgrade
- Provides new UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
- Improved usability of the Multi-window
- Improved setting menu and Always On Display
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
Multi-Window Usability Improvements
A newly improved Multi-Window that allows users to easily adjust and controls the window size in split view. Users can now access up to seven apps at the same time as the new pop-up window supports up to five separate windows in addition to the two split-views.
Improvements in Quick Panel and Notifications
The Quick Panel is redesigned into a much cleaner view. The title in the first panel’s depth icons have been removed. Whilst the second depth icons were lined-up into nine groups and are now much easier to locate.
The Notifications is added with Direct Reply support and are now also rearranged to display information.
Improved User’s Interface and Performance Mode
There are now four available modes such as the Optimized mode, Game mode, Entertainment mode, Entertainment mode, and High Performance mode.
The Optimized mode will now allows users to optimized and extends the battery life performance in the settings.
The Game mode also provides two additional functions such as Game Launcher and Game Tools. Entertainment mode enhances the sound and image quality, while the High Performance mode is for setting up the best quality display settings.
Update the Galaxy S7 or S7 edge Thru Over The Air (OTA)
Make sure your phone’s battery is fully charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About device > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
- You’ve successfully updated your software.