The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo 3G (SM-N750) and the LTE version (SM-N7505) has received its Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) update in select countries at this moment. The first update has been released in select countries so far, but it it’s also heading its way to rest of all countries across the globe. Just in-case, if you already received and installed the Android 5.1.1 update on your Galaxy Note 3 Neo and might now looking on how to retain and or gain root access on it. Well, guess what? The CF-Auto Root still works on Android 5.1.1. Lollipop update.
This rooting approach have been tested on the first official Android 5.1.1 update build (LMY47X.N750XXUDOK5 or N750XXUDOK5) on Galaxy Note 3 Neo SM-N750 . Whilst, also been tested on the Galaxy Note 3 Neo LTE (SM-N7505) that was released in France, to which is dubbed with build number (LMY47X.N7505POUDOK2 or N7505POUDOK2). The rooting process were still similar to what we’ve been used on previous Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) update. So, here goes the step by step guide on how you can achieved root on your Galaxy Note 3 NEO. But first just read on some few reminders below if you are new about rooting.
What are the disadvantages of a Rooted Galaxy Note 3 Neo?
If you are new about rooting, you must be aware that there are some circumstances you may learn about why rooting is not highly recommended on some part. Below are just a few.
- It may void the warranty of your Galaxy Note 3 Neo.
- It tripped the KNOX apps in your Galaxy Note3 Neo and you couldn’t use it again
- Your may not be able to receive the OTA update unless you unroot your Galaxy Note 3 LTE Neo once again by restoring back the stock firmware. You may learn how to unroot the device just in-case you want to upgrade to the latest OS. Samsung will release an update from time to time, to which an update that includes new features, bug fixes and further improvements to the device. You may read our tutorials on how to remove root or unroot the Galaxy Note3 Neo.
- Fully recharge your Galaxy Note 3 Neo before rooting.
- Make a back-up of all important data stored in the phone’s memory like contacts, photos, videos, messages, and etc.
- Enable OEM unlock by going to Settings > Developer options > Enable unlock by OEM.
- Use a PC computer as this process will not work on MAC.
- Use the supplied USB data cable of your Galaxy Note 3 Neo
Grab the CF-AUTO-ROOT for your Galaxy Note 3 NEO, according to its model number. To check the model number of your Galaxy Note3 NEO, just simply tap on Settings > About device, then check either if you have the model number SM-N750 or SM-N7505.
- For Galaxy Note 3 Neo 3G SM-N750 (Europe version) – CF-Auto-Root-hl3g-hl3gxx-smn750
- For Galaxy Note 3 Neo LTE SM-N7505 (Europe version) – CF-Auto-Root-hllte-hlltexx-smn7505
Step by step procedure on how to root the Galaxy Note 3 Neo 3G SM-N750 & LTE SM-N7505
- Extract or unzip the downloaded CF-Auto-Root-hl3g-hl3gxx-smn750.zip for SM-N750 and the CF-Auto-Root-hllte-hlltexx-smn7505.zip for SM-N7505 so that you’ll get the Odin flashable file.
- Run Odin3_v3.10.6 click the AP button and browse to the folder where you have unzipped and keep the file.
If you have the Galaxy Note 3 Neo SM-N750 variant, just load the ‘CF-Auto-Root-hl3g-hl3gxx-smn750.tar.md5′
And for the Galaxy Note3 Neo SM-N7505 will also loads the “CF-Auto-Root-hllte-hlltexx-smn7505.tar.md5″ in the AP button.
- Reboot the Galaxy Note3 Neo into download mode. Turn the power off, then just press and hold the Volume Down, Home button and the Power ON/OFF buttonsimultaneously. Then press the Volume Up until you will get into the Download mode screen.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 3 Neo to your PC.
- Wait a couple of seconds as Odin reads the MD5 check-sum.
- Click the “START’ button if it all seems good to start flashing the root file.
- Wait until your Galaxy Note3 Neo completely rebooted and you’ll see the word PASS!appeared in Odin.
Once the rooting process is done, you may then verify and confirm if you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 3 Neo using the Root checker app from Play Store.
Just let me know if this method has successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 3 Neo.