Sprint Galaxy Note 2 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update to build L900VPUCNE2 has started rolling out a while ago. As we have also seen Sprint Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) received the 4.4.2 KitKat update last month, we are also expected that the Other US and Candian Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3 will follow shortly. As you may know, Sprint has been taking the lead, to bring the 4.4.2 KitKat update on much older devices, while other carriers like AT&T also ensures not to be left-behind as it has also rolled out the 4.4.2 KitKat update on the Galaxy S3 SGH-I747, earlier today. But now just too far away, Canadian carriers are also started rolling out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update on both Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Galaxy S3.
As major Canadian carriers such as Bell, Rogers, Telus, including Virgin-Mobile, Sasktel, Fido and Koodo software update are release on the same day, so if you are rocking either the Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-i317M) or the Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747M) make sure to check the 4.4.2 KitKat update now by hitting your device Settings>>About Phone >>Check for update.
On the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I317M’s 4.4.2 KitKat update will arrive in the form of a firmware build number I317MOYADNF1, the NF1 will replace the old 4.3 I317MVLUCMK5. While on the Samsung Galaxy S3 i747M it is dubbed with build numbers I747MVLUFNE6 from previous 4.3 I747MVLUEMK5.
The 4.4.2 KitKat update brings the same features we have been found on some select devices that already received the 4.4.2 KitKat much earlier. The first noticeable changes is the camera shortcut in the lock screen and the white status bar icons, which replaced the before color which is green.
Those who may have not been familiar with the Android 4.4.2 KitKat features, here it goes as follows below. But you may also take note that features will vary according to carrier providers. Some carriers may have their own default app included.
- Android OS Version upgraded to 4.4.2
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- “Beat Music” Pre-loaded
- Video player closed captioning Settings > My device > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Unified Location Menu: Settings > More > Location Location Settings is same as Location service in JBP. User can set the Locating method and check the recent location requests
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing is added. You can add printing support to your apps or develop print services to support specific types of printers. Apps > Settings > Connections > More networks > Printing
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
- Copy & paste improvements
- Email allows inline editing
- Phone/Dialer user interface enhancements
- Settings changes
- Bluetooth enhancements
- Immersive mode addition
- Keyboard enhancements
- HCE (Host card emulation) Enabled
- UICC (Universal Integrated Circuit Card ) is set as default