For those who owns Verizon’s Droid DNA the 4.2.2 update has just rolled. This 4.2.2 update will bring the new HTC Sense 5 and equipped with nova launcher with BlinkFeed and a lot of updated apps. There are two update hitting over-the -air, the first is the minor update that weighs around 14MB which looks like a pre-requisites update that might check the phones system prior to received the second huge size of 564.9MB. So for those who have installed root on their Droid DNA, you must watch-out for that or you might get update failures.
Here’s the official changelog addressed by Verizon.
Software Version 3.06.605.4; Baseband: 1.01.01.1012.
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce enhancements to HTC Sense 5 that will improve the performance of your DROID DNA smartphone. Below is an overview of the key areas of improvement:
- Quick Settings
- New Smart Dialer
- Picasa albums not showing in the gallery
- Improvements to Bluetooth® performance
- Enhanced Navigation performance
- Fixed to remember the default settings on the device.
- Talk back feature improvements
- Fixed a problem that could cause the device to not display the Voicemail indicators
- Enhanced BUA+ contacts
- New and improved design for recent app display
- Fixed a problem that was causing ‘Reset to default APN’ functionality to not select the default APN (VZWINTERNET)
- Fixed a problem that was causing HULU+ application to display green screen on the device after the user connects HDMI cable
- Improvements for long duration video recordings using native camera
- Fixed a problem that was causing battery to drain while the phone was powered down in certain conditions
- Fixed a problem that was causing BUA+ Contact to sync with the server even after the backup option was unchecked
- Fixed a problem that was causing *611 (Global Customer Care) to not get translated correctly when roaming on TELUS network in Canada
- Improved Wi-Fi performance
- Enhanced Wi-Fi: pop-up timer increased from 30 minutes to 12 hours
Seeing the above changelog is very huge and which also basically fully detailed. So make sure to hit your device settings and check for this update.
[Thanks’ to all our fellas at XDA-developers]