Here’s how to root the US version of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 WiFi that runs in Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update P3113UECMK3. This root method has been reported to worked with the new 4.2.2 P3113UECMK3 update by simply using a CF-AUto Root, a rooted kernel developed by [Chainfire] from XDA-Developer. Folks at XDA already tried this method and confirms that it worked. So, for those who needs root, just simply follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids warranty of your device. We and the Developer of this root method shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes this process may take. Use of this root method and guide is solely at your own risk!
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 running with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean UECMK3 Firmware
Download the CF-Auto-Root
- Make sure the battery is fully charge.
- Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from the device such as contacts, SMS,emails,photos, videos etc. (use any apps to do this easily)
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Tab 2 – Open the Settings–>About Phone details (you’ll see the Android-version, kernel and other info) then just tap the firmware Build number 7 times .
Install CF-Auto Root file using Odin.
1. Unzip or extract the downloaded root file.
3. Run Odin Odin3_v1.85.exe.
3. Click on the PDA button then browse and select the
4. In Odin checkboxes options, make sure that you DO NOT TICK the “Re-Partition box. Just leave the Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time checked.
5. Put your Galaxy Tab 2 GT-p3113 into ODIN download mode by holding down both “Power Button and Volume Down button” then let go when your Galaxy Tab 2 reboots. Then press Volume Up button to continue and your Tab 2 should be in ODIN download mode.
6. Connect the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-p3113 to computer using the supplied USB cable. You should see the ID:COM turns to yellow and shows the port number where the device is being connected. Odin will also says “Added!!” on its text box.
7. Now simply hit the “START” button.
8. Wait until it completely flashes the Root image.
9. Once finishes and the Galaxy Tab 2 reboots, disconnect the tab from the computer.
Now once your Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 reboots and then if the SU binaries look for an update but somehow it fails, you may then try to install the latest SuperSU since Chainfire has recently released a new version of SuperSU and then the older version may not tend to work well while seeking for the new update.
Just share to us if this process did really worked and root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-p3113.