Here’s the the official stock firmware build P3113UEUCMK3 which an upgrade for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-p3113 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (US variants only). Using this method is only useful for those who already root, or typically running with custom ROM on their devices, and or right now probably facing issues updating through Kies or via OTA (over the air).
The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-p3113 4.2.2 update brings some new features and enhancements like the move Apps to SD, new lock screen widgets, a larger size of icons and fonts, few more added widgets from the apps drawer and a lot more.
So, if you you are having difficulties updating through Kies or OTA then this might be your last resort to get your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wifi GT-P3113 upgraded to Android 4.2.2. Jelly Bean. You’ll only need to grab the P3113UECHK3 stock firmware from the source below and then carefully follow the upgrading process.
How to Install P3113UEUCMK3 4.2.2 stock ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 P3113
This guide is for advance users only, those who have had root and/or installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via OTA or Kies and do not use this method, for your Galaxy Tab 2 still runs with official firmware and you can simply update without any .
Disclaimer: Though this method is proven safe but you may use this guide solely at your own risk!
- Make sure the battery is fully charge
- Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
- If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
- If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
- Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware. The exact files are shown on this photo below.
2. Set the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode.
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
3. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool.
4. In Odin’s check-boxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-Partition” , just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” marked as checked.
5. In Odin, click on the PDA button, then browse and select the ‘HOME_XAR_P3113UEUCMK3_1978026_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 ‘.
6. Connect the tablet to the computer using the supplied USB cable. In Odin, under ID:COM table, it will turn to blueish and shows the current com port number from where your Galaxy Tab 2 is connected. If Odin does not respond, it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB port or USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
You may also need to perform factory reset if necessary. Hold down Volume Up, Home and Power button, then once in recovery mode just simply select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
If you have something to mention, just drop it on the comment form below. Enjoy!