This is the root method that proven works on AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S4 Active with model number SGH-I537. This rooting method involves using ‘activeroot apk’ file released by [Geohot)] and [Chainfire’s] latest ‘SuperSU’. This is already proven to work with the Galaxy S4 Active I537 software build version 4.2.2 I537UCUAMF1. The rooting process seems very easy but you need to clearly understand the facts that rooting may also harm you device for any circumstances when the OTA update arrives. So read carefully the entire procedure from the trusted sources we provide and understands any risk involved before you tweak your phone.
Here are are the two main files needed for the rooting process.
1) Geohot Activeroot http://geohot.com/activeroot
2) Chainfire SuperSU v1.51 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu
Below is the step by step process that will only take less than a minute to root your Galaxy S4 Active I537.
This was already prepared by [TenEightyPee], for more the detailed instructions you must head-over to XDA’s original thread. Again, this for US version of Samsung Galaxy S4 Active with specific model number (SGH-i537) and do not even try and use it on International version such as the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295)., or you’ll end with a bricked device.
1. First go to Settings and click the “More” tab. Then go into security and check “Unknown Sources.”
2. Visit http://geohot.com/activeroot from your device and click the lampda picture to download the apk file.
3. Run the apk. It should give you a message telling you that you have root. Worked almost instantly for me.
4. Visit the Play Store and download SuperSU. (NOTE: You MUST download and use SuperSU to manage superuser permissions, nothing else. Only SuperSU currently can circumvent Samsung’s “root blocker” in the kernel.)
5. Open the Super SU app and update binaries.
Just share to us if this root method truly did worked on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I537.