Those who might want to upgrade their Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3100) to official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update that has been rolled out officially by Samsung. Yes! The official 4.2.2 update has arrived, the new firmware comes in build numbers P3100XXDMG6 and it began basically in France since the roll out is in stages. So, for those who can’t wait for a while until it arrives in your country and wants to have a sneak peak on how this 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update may look like, you can manually upgrade now. But then again, this procedure is for advance users only who already knew and have done some tweaking on their Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 like rooting or flashing with ROM. This of course is also useful to those who already got their tablet with root, installed with custom ROM and can’t update on Kies anymore.
Disclaimer: This method is for android developers and advance users only, though this method is proven safe but you may use this guide solely at your own risk!
- Make sure the battery is fully charge
- Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device, contacts, photos, videos, emails, etc.
- If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
- If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
- Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
- Use a computer or laptop runs with Windows OS.
- Grab Odin3_v3.07 download
- Install the USB Driver: download ( only needed if you do not have Kies installed in your computer)
- Download the original stock firmware France – P3100XXDMG6_XEF.zip link
1) Unzip the downloaded firmware. You can use winzip, 7zip or any extracting tool installed in your computer, the firmware file should look like this;
2) Run Odin3_v3.03 flasher tool.
3) Hover on Odin checkboxes options, DO NOT check the “Re-partition”, leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
4) Reboot the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode – Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
5) Eyes back on Odin, click the PDA button and then browse and select the unzipped ‘P3100XXDMG6.tar.md5’ file.
6) Plug-in your Galaxy Tab 2 to the computer. You should see an allocation COM port number which shows in ID:COM box, this emphasizes that the tablet is securely connected from the computer. If you get any results, that simply means that the device is not recognized yet by the computer. All you need to do is just try another USB cable, USB serial port, check the the USB driver if properly installed or even the computer.
7) Fire-up the ‘START’ button.
8) Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot, then remove it from the computer.
9) Change the default language according to your own desire or native language. Go to –>Settings–> Language and Text input.
10) Optional: You should also perform factory reset, to gain a fresher firmware installation, this is useful to get rid of lag issues.
This Android 4.2.2 update brings some features like a re-designed lockscreen widgets, a multiple user accounts, improved accessibility options. So, have a check to all of it, and share to us how’s your first impression about this 4.2.2. update on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-p3100.