Here ‘s a guide on how root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 WiFi+3G that has received or already upgrade to the latest official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich beginning from January to March 2013 updates. This update has released mostly in European countries for unbranded and with each specific carrier providers.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 WiFi + 3G Ice Cream Sandwich firmware updates
This root method has proven works if your tablets runs in official ICS 4.0.4 firmware builds below:
- P7500XWMPJ P7500OXXMQ1 Serbia
- P7500XWMPJ P7500OXXMQ1 Romania
- P7500XWMPJ P7500OXXMQ1 Romania (Cosmote)
- P7500XWMPJ P7500OXXMQ1 Serbia (Telenor)
- P7500XWMPJ P7500OXXMQ1 Slovakia
- P7500XWMPJ P7500XEZMP1 Czech Republic
- P7500XWMPJ P7500LUXMA1 Luxembourg
- P7500XWMPJ P7500PROMA1 Belgium
- P7500UBLP9 P7500ZTMLP4 Brazil (TIM)
- P7500UBLPA P7500CHELP2 Chile (Entel PCS)
- P7500XWMPI P7500TENMA1 Norway (Telenor)
- P7500XWMPI P7500HUILP4 Italy (H3G)
- P7500XWMPI P7500OXXMP9 Sweden (Telia)
- P7500JKLP5 P7500OJKLP3 Israel (Cellcom,Pelephone,Orange/Partner)
- All other countries and carriers we missed on this list as long it has the same build number.
Also works on older Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android 4.0.4 ICS
Disclaimer: Rooting will void the warranty of your device. We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your tablet by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500
Step 1: USB Driver and Odin
Just follow this step by step guide on how to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 already updated with official Ice Cream Sandwich.
First download the USB driver and installed it in your computer or laptops that runs in Windows, odin will not work on Mac PC.
USB Driver [link]
Then also download odin flasher tool.
Step 2: Recovery and SuperSU
Step 3: Boot the Tab in Download Mode
Reboot your GALAXY Tab 10.1 in download mode – Turn it OFF then Press and hold “volume down and power button” and then connect it to your PC/laptop.
Step 4: Run Odin and Load the Recovery file
You should see that Odin ID:COM box highlighted in yellow color.
Then click on the PDA button then load the CWM Recover.tar file
Step 4: Hit “Start” and watch out for the word “PASS”
Once the CWM recovery file is loaded, now simply click the “START” button, then wait until it finishes. You then see an word “PASS” in Odin. Once its completely finishes, remove it from PC.
Step 4:Copy the SuperSU file to SDcard
Next, you need to copy the SuperSU file in root directory of your SD card.
Step 4: Reboot in Recovery Mode and Install
This time you need to reboot in recovery mode. Turn the tab OFF then press Volume Up and Power button, you will then into recovery mode option. Once in recovery mode, ‘toggle down in “INSTALL ZIP from SDCard” using the volume buttons and select using power button.
Then navigate to the place you downloaded the super user file then select install it. Once the installation completes, select reboot system now. Now, your Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 is rooted.
Does this root method works or not? Tells us any issues you encounters.