Here’s how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 that has been updated or now originally runs with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. This root method will work on all ICS 4.0.4 official updates released across around the world. You may check your Tab firmware version by checking Settings>>About>>software info. Below is a list of official ICS 4.0.4 firmware builds, it should match one of these build numbers before you may proceed.
Europe Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 ICS 4.0.4 Updates
Asia Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 ICS 4.0.4 Updates
Middle East Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 ICS 4.0.4 Updates
Steps on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 runs with ICS 4.0.4
Step 2. Copy the two files to your Galaxy Tab SDcard.
Step 3. Reboot the Tab to recovery mode (Hold Volume Up+Power till it reboot to recovery)
Once in recovery mode, use the volume button to scroll up or down then navigate to “Apply Update zip” from internal storage, instead of external storage.
– Choose CWM.zip and wait until CWM recovery appear.
– Once the cwm recovery appear: Touch the screen to choose and navigate the options
* This cwm recovery is only temporary cwm recovery.
Once cwm recovery is installed, navigate and;
– Choose install zip from sdcard.
– Choose zip from sdcard.
– Choose root.zip ;and Yes – Install root.zip.
– Once done, choose reboot system now.
* Your device is rooted without permanent cwm recovery: If you don’t need cwm recovery. You can stop at here.
You will find superuser app in your drawer
This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developer original thread.