On this guide we will show you how to manually install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 “S III SPH-L710 Sprint”. TeamWin Recovery Project or TWRP is developed by Teamwin. This is another recovery manager that can be installed on Samsung Galaxy SIII SPH-LP710 on the fly without using or connecting your Galaxy S3 to the computer. If you are very familiar with the CWM ClockWorkMod Recovery, this is actually the same tool. The only differences between the two is the user’s interface, since it also has a lot of customize themes to choose from. So, if you used ‘CWM’ in years you might be lost somewhere else at the very first time ‘TWRP’.
TWRP Recovery help you manage to back up and restore files with your Samsung Galaxy S3 at ease. As well as installing custom-built ROMs, kernels, boot images, modem, root and likewise installing apps in a CWM zip file formats thru mounting via your Galaxy S3 phone’s micro SDcard just like the CWM recovery.
Benefits of TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project)
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- Default partitions to back up
- Default zip folder location
- Default color theme
- Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
- Zip Signature Verification
- Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
- Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
- Ability to select which individual partitions to back up, and restore.
- Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
- Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space.
- Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
- Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
- Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
- Home – Main Menu
- Menu – Advanced Menu
- Back – Up a Menu Level
- Search – Select Current Selection
- Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)
How to Install TWRP Recovery Manager on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III SPH-L710
This installation is for used on Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 only. DO NOT Install this on other Samsung galaxy S3 variants like the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (international) and other U.S variants like AT&T SGH-I747, Verizon SCH-I535, T-mobile SGH-T999. Also all Canada versions, Bell, Telus, Rogers, Sakstel SGH-I747M and Wind, Mobilicity, Videotron SGH-T999V. Check your device model number version in Settings – About Phone, before you may proceed.
Warning: Any unofficial modification or installation may void the warranty of your device. This is not advisable to typical users, who doesn’t have any idea of what this is all about.
Use PC with Windows OS (Odin will not work on Mac and Linux OSX)
Make sure the battery is fully charge or at least 50%.
The odin flashing will take only a minute.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk. We claim no responsibility if anything happens to your device by using any files associated on this guide.
1. Run and install the USB driver
2. Run Odin on your PC desktop
3. In Odin window, DO Not tick ‘RE-Partition’ only Tick ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ and nothing else.
4. Now simply click the PDA button and then select and load the CWM tar file recovery-TWRP-188.8.131.52-d2spr.tar in Odin.
5. Boot the Galaxy S3 into download mode option.
Turn it off, once completely shut down hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME DOWN’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the ‘VOLUME UP’ button to continue or enter Download Mode.
6. Connect the phone to PC via USB. Then make sure you can see as phone “Added” in Odin log box or a highlighted COM:ID in the upper part of Odin window once the phone is detected or recognize by Odin.
7. Once already set and the phone is properly connected to PC,
Click on “Start” button to flash the CWM recovery.
8. Wait ’till it finishes flashing. You will then see a word “PASS” once successfully completed the process.
9. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
How to access the TWRP recovery mode option once installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3 (SPH-LP710)
To access just turn your phone off, then press and hold the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME UP’ + ‘POWER’ button at the same time. You will then see the following TWRP recovery option menus.
That’s it! you have now installed a TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy SIII SPH-LP710 from here you can install a wide-variety of custom ROM to your device.
Full Credits: TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) developed by TeamWin.